To all the jacket-lovers out there! We know that no wardrobe can be complete without jackets. Regardless of gender, age, or preferences, these versatile and practical items are ready to take on any situation.
However, a plain jacket can sometimes feel boring, especially when you have some events and occasions lined up. Enter patches- the cherry on top that adds a burst of personality, color, and texture to your jacket so that you can show off your unique style.
You’ll have a number of options, from embroidery to DIY, but what’s the right way to attach the patch to your jacket? In this blog, we’ll tell you how to put patches on a jacket. Let’s start!
If you want to put patches on a jacket, there are a few steps you might need to follow. First, you’ll need to iron the patches onto the jacket. However, if the patch is not adhesive, you can skip this step. For long-term attachment, it’s recommended to sew the patches on. Even if your patch is iron-on, sewing it on can provide extra security.
Here’s a list of the items you will need for hand sewing:
– Thimble (optional, but recommended to protect your fingers)
– Hand sewing needle (preferably “sharps” style in size 2, 3, or 4)
– Household iron
– Pressing cloth, like a cotton pillowcase
– Ironing board or thick fabric pad
– Measuring tape
Make sure to have all of these items on hand before starting your hand-sewing project.
If you want to add a decorative patch to your denim jacket, here is a step-by-step process of putting patches on jackets:
1. Pin the patch to the jacket in your desired location. If you want to center the patch on the back of the jacket, measure across the back and find the halfway point.
2. Put on the jacket and use a mirror to evaluate how the patch looks. Adjust the position until you’re satisfied.
3. If the patch is heat-activated, set your iron to its highest heat setting (but make sure the steam is turned off). If it’s not heat-activated, skip to step 14.
4. Set up an ironing board or place a thick cloth pad over a table.
5. Lay the jacket flat on the board or table, with the patch facing up.
6. Cover the patch with a cotton pressing cloth to protect it from scorching.
7. Press the hot iron on the patch with downward pressure for 30 to 45 seconds (unless the patch’s instructions specify a different amount of time).
8. For larger patches, move the iron around until you’ve pressed all of the patch’s surface area.
9. Flip the jacket over to the inside and cover the patch with a pressing cloth.
10. Press the hot iron down on the inside of the jacket behind the patch.
11. If you want to sew on the patch instead, cut a piece of thread and thread your needle.
12. Repeat steps 1-3 if the patch has not been ironed on.
13. Start the running stitch by bringing the threaded needle up through the inside of the jacket and the edge of the patch. Make sure the stitches are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the edge.
14. To complete the first stitch, poke the needle back down through the patch and fabric.
15. Repeat the running stitches around the entire patch.
16. Tie the thread off with a tight knot on the inside of the jacket.
If you want to add a decorative patch to your leather jacket, here is a step-by-step process of putting patches on jackets:
1. You will need a sewing machine designed specifically for leatherwork, as standard sewing machines lack the power needed to handle the task.
2. Set up the machine with a wide stitch and an 18-gauge needle.
3. Thread the machine with upholstery thread made of either polyester or nylon.
4. Use a leather needle or make sure that the needle used is both sharp and thick for best results.
5. Prepare the patch for sewing by coating the back of it with a light mist of spray adhesive.
6. Decide on the placement of the patch and ensure that it feels secure when you press it down gently.
7. Use the jacket’s seams as a reference point to help with positioning the patch.
8. When ready to sew, begin sewing at a corner and take care to stay as close to the patch’s border as possible.
9. Take it slow when working on tricky curves to ensure that the stitching is neat and professional-looking.
Now, let’s discover the best patches for jackets and how they can elevate your outerwear game to a whole new level!
Customizing your jacket with high-quality embroidered patches is a great way to add a touch of personality to your outfit. These versatile and easy-to-apply patches come in a wide variety of designs, so you can easily find one that speaks to your unique style. Whether you want to bring some cuteness with a cute animal patch or make a bold statement with a political statement, embroidered patches have got you covered.
For an even easier option for customizing your jacket, try iron-on patches. These patches are not only super convenient and easy to apply, but they are also perfect for various occasions. Whether you want to go for a casual look or something fancier, iron-on patches can add the perfect pop of personality to your outfit.
Are you a music lover looking to add some edge to your jacket? Band patches are the perfect solution! You can find a band patch for every musical taste, from classic rock to indie. Show off your fandom and express your unique style with a band patch that features your favorite band’s logo or album artwork.
These band patches look cool and versatile and can be worn occasionally. Whether heading to a concert, a festival, or just a casual night out with friends, a band patch can add that extra personality to your outfit.
If you want to add a touch of sophistication to your outfit, consider leather patches. These patches add a great finishing touch to any jacket, whether you’re dressing for a formal occasion or just want to add some style to your everyday outfit.
Leather patches are available in various shapes, sizes, and designs, so you can easily select one that complements your style. The best part is that you can easily attach a leather patch to any jacket with a quick stitch or adhesive, so they’re not just for expensive jackets.
The rugged feel of the leather adds a touch of masculinity to your outfit, making it an excellent choice for any occasion. Upgrade your style game with these stylish patches!
Adding patches to your jacket can be a fun and easy way to express your personal style. Whether you prefer hand-sewn or iron-on patches, following the simple steps outlined in this blog can help you achieve a unique and personalized look. So, go ahead and give your jacket a new life with some cool and funky patches! At the same time, if you’re looking for the best-quality custom patches, Paragon Patches has got you covered!